Limited quantity available !
Images of America: Monmouth Council Boy Scouts
The History of Monmouth Council BSA
last revised 10-1-2007
Monmouth Council is pleased to announce the availability of a new book showcasing the rich history of Scouting in Monmouth County, New Jersey. The latest entry in Arcadia Publishing’s respected “Images of America” series, this book gives an inside look at an oft-ignored aspect of life in Monmouth County. Forestburg and Quail Hill are featured, and long-gone Scout camps such as Kanohwahke Lakes, Camp Burton, Camp Burton-at-Allaire, and Camp Housman are also covered.
With over 200 vintage photographs illustrating every aspect of the Boy Scout program from 1911 to the present, this book is sure to please any Scout or former Scout.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Pioneer Years
- Chapter 2: The Allaire Camps
- Chapter 3: Forestburg Scout Reservation
- Chapter 4: Quail Hill Scout Reservation
- Chapter 5: Events
- Chapter 6: Na Tsi Hi Lodge
- Chapter 7: Cubbing and Exploring
- Chapter 8: Adult Leaders
- Author: David Alan Wolverton
- Publication date: April 15, 2003
- ISBN 0-7385-1171-4
- Softcover, 128 pages
- List Price: $19.99